All persons over 18 years of age are eligible to participate in this international contest. Participants shall agree to the terms and conditions of the rules and the decisions of the jury. Belgian law governing withholding tax on prizes won by foreign participants applies.
A cartoon is a humorous drawing. This may be a caricature of a famous person, a parody of a real situation, or simply a picture of a funny situation. The cartoon may consist of one image or take the form of a short comic strip. No moving images allowed.
- Maximum 5 submissions per person, black and white or colour.
- The cartoons must not contain text.
- Drawings can also be made digitally.
- They must be packaged flat and not folded.
- Works under glass, framed or in other materials will not be accepted.
- They must not have been exhibited in Belgium or awarded in other countries.
- Digital entries: min. 2480 x 3500 pixels (A4 300dpi). Allowed file types: jpg jpeg eps tif psd pdf.
- Entries may only be sent by post after the form has been completed on the website and the form is enclosed with the entry. Dimensions min. 21 x 30 cm or max. 30 x 42 cm. The entrant’s name, first name and address must be written on the back of each cartoon.
- Your participation is only valid if we have received your fully completed entry form on our website.
- Entries are submitted at the expense of the entrants.
- The selected cartoons wil be tramed with a passe-partout for the exhibition.
By participating, entrants grant the organizing body the right to use their entries as advertising for the “International Cartoon Festival” and the seaside resort Knokke-Heist (e.g. as cartoon book, catalogue, advertising in the press and other media, separate promotional printed works such as posters, leaflets, etc., promotional gifts by the city council and/or cartoon festival organizers, calendar).
Vrei să primești notificări când apar cele mai interesante articole?
Înscrie-te și te vom anunța prin email de fiecare dată :)